Misdemeanor Defense Attorneys
Many first and second criminal offenses are considered misdemeanors, but that doesn’t mean that they come with light penalties. First-time convictions often leave you with expensive fines and at least two days in jail, and a judge may order a variety of charge-specific consequences. For instance, first-time DUI offenses may require you to use an ignition interlock device while cases involving drugs or alcohol may require you to attend a treatment program.
It’s important to take even a first offense seriously, and that’s why so may Las Vegas defendants depend on Attorney at Law John J. Graves. Our legal experts have maneuvered the criminal courts in Nevada for many years and are prepared to stand up for your rights in court.
Aggressively Protecting Your Rights from All Las Vegas Misdemeanors
Some misdemeanor attorneys in Nevada limit their expertise and experience to one type of criminal charge, but our mission is to help as many people as possible. Regardless of the circumstances surrounding your case and the number of accusers standing against you, we’re committed to protecting your legal rights with a fierce and well-planned defense strategy.
This list represents some of the Las Vegas misdemeanor charges that we have successfully defended over the years.
- Nevada DUI –New laws are making even first-time DUI offenses in Nevada more serious. You could face fines, jail time, driver’s license suspension or revocation and installation of an ignition interlock device.
- Domestic Violence – Nevada domestic violence laws are severe, and a conviction could impact your ability to gain employment, sustain personal relationships and enjoy a fulfilling life for years to come. Dismissal of charges or reduction to less severe charges is possible in many cases.
- Children’s Injuries – The state isn’t required to prove intent when charging a parent, grandparent or other caregiver for injuring a child. A tragic mistake or accident could land you in handcuffs, but we are here to deliver the passionate defense that you deserve.
- Battery – Nevada statutes define battery as the use of “willful and unlawful force or violence” against another person. We will give you the best chance possible of reducing or dismissing your charges.
- Drug Crimes – Misdemeanor drug charges in Nevada could result in minor fines or more serious penalties. We will defend your rights in court because we understand the long-term consequences of drug crime convictions.
- Petty Theft – Nevada theft laws are complicated, so you need an experienced lawyer to fully understand your defense options.
- Assault – The Nevada code of law regarding assault charges isn’t always easy to understand. With the right defense, you can present your case in a more advantageous manner.
- Solicitation – There are several effective defenses that you can use to fight misdemeanor prostitution charges in Las Vegas. Contact attorney John J. Graves to protect your rights in court.
- Assault and Battery – A skilled Las Vegas assault and battery lawyer can help get your charges reduced or possibly dismissed. Contact our office today if you want to fight unjust charges.